No Chicago Olympics

Is this a referendum on how the world feels about Obama in terms of whether or not he's fixed all those bridges he said he'd talk back into shape?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Seriously? YOU think its because the IOC has a problem with Obama and thats why they said NO. I think you have a problem with blaming Obama. I think they said NO to Chicago because its a ugly city, it stinks, and is full of people that act like bumbling idiots when anything exciting goes on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Obama: promising everything, delivering NOTHING.

...except more money down the tubes....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think it's more of Chicago being a not so good city with an unstable climate than Obama.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• being a not so good city

It should rank ahead of Rio where they have to shut down major highways between the city and the airport to keep tourists from being killed...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Face it, no one knows why they were not picked though I have my reasons for thinking they do not deserve it. At some point we may get A reason but even then you won't know if that is the real reason.
    LOL I think it was so funny that they say everyone there was so shocked that Chicago didn't get it. "OMG" Obama got up there and gave a sob story about how it was a bringing people together thing and brought his personal feelings into it(no surprise there). How could they not give it to them? The charm wasn't enough this time. Chicago is a messed up city and they don't deserve to have the Olimpics. It wouldn't have surprised me if it would have been us funding their cleaning and building for the olympics had they got it. Sheesh , half of Chicago didn't even want the Olympic there.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Anonymous

• Laugh it up Obama haters,but I for one won't forget the pain on the faces of the people in Chicago who wanted the jobs.2016...at least 7 years of work..
    It is a sad world we live in that people take so much joy in the pain of others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Chicago is a corrupt city and eveyone knows it. Who would want to come to a city where almost every politician is on the take. Obama is not respected in the world. He is all talk and no action but blundering idiocy.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2009