Help me decide what color to paint my dining room?

My dining room is white, with one wall painted red, sponged with gold. I was thinking about painting the other walls like a cornmeal color to match the gold color. I have apples as the theme. I could also paint it white again, but I am trying to get away from that. It is so blah and this color must carry over into my kitchen as they are connected. I am putting up tomatoe colored drapes in the dining room and on the french doors leading to the back patio. Tell me what everyone thinks, please????

haroldswife

Asked by haroldswife at 11:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Taupe, Beige, something neutral.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think the corneal would be wonderful. I hate white walls.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 12:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Okay, just so you know as I answer this, I did train to be an Interior Designer. First thing is, does the sponge painting technique look great, not just good but terrific? Because that can make a huge difference, painting techniques are beautiful if they are beautiful, if they are bad they are awful. Remember that paint and fabric are sensitive to the lighting you use, which is why your outfit might match at home, and clash at the office. Look at both under the type of lighting you will be using in the room. Or your tomato colored curtains could clash badly with the red in the wall. Same with the cornmeal and the gold color. Is it truly a "gold" color or is it a mustard color yellow? How big is the space? Do you want it to seem cozier or larger? I am visualizing this as being more cozy as darker and bolder colors do that. If you want you can message me, but it sounds like you are on the right track.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 12:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• That sounds pretty to me. I also like the apple theme. My dining room is painted in red and the person that painted my dining room calls me the Red Lady. I think red in the dining room is very romantic.
    wahvj

Answer by wahvj at 3:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2009