Age appropriate treats for 3 and under

I'm making treat baskets for my friends' children and my niece this year, and all are under 3 years old. I got to thinking about it, and it would be also nice to have age appropriate alternatives to hand out to little trick-o-treaters.

Any ideas? So far for the baskets I have little Halloween books.

redmoonintexas

Asked by redmoonintexas at 11:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• Suckers, animal crackers, little bags of cereal.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• dried apple bits, cookies, pumpkin pie filling mixed with cool whip with pie spice.... =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• animal crackers, goldfish crackers, mini M&M's, stickers, soft fruit snacks (we like Welch's, but the Gerber kind are good even for older infants), balls that are too big to fit in the mouth, stuffed toys,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Don't get jaw breakers, gum, any candy the can choke on.
    suckers, chocolate are always good. I don't take my kids trick o treating but we go to a church fall harvest party. i do however hand out candy, along with a pamphlet on the meaning of halloween (for the parents) and a message of GODs love for all.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Maybe a packet of instant hot chocolate, I give those out, and the kids can go home and have a hot drink after all the trick or treating!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Quoting minimo77 ""Maybe a packet of instant hot chocolate, I give those out, and the kids can go home and have a hot drink after all the trick or treating!""

I like this idea!!!
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 1:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Id go woth stickers, timy packs of crayons (put 3 in a pack) children that age are excited to get anything!
    just1forme

Answer by just1forme at 4:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Crayons and pages copied out of a coloring book.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2009