I had my membranes stripped and lost my mucus plug and still no labor but the baby is not moving as much is that normal?

C.Lewis

Asked by C.Lewis at 11:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yup
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Start walking, don't do anything drastic, but I'd walk and rest.  Are you dialated, effaced, contractions, back aches??????

MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i am 3 cm dilated but been like that for 3 weeks now. no contractions
    C.Lewis

Answer by C.Lewis at 12:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You do realize there is a danger of your water breaking unexpectedly when they membrane strip.. And that then you are at a higher risk of infection and cord prolapse.. ?

Membrane stripping also rarely works. When it does, there is no telling whether or not it was coincidental.

And since you're not in labor yet, you probably would end up with a c-section after failed induction.. ? lol

Stop messing with nature and just let baby come when baby is ready to come.

Seriously.

Yes it is normal for the baby to move less when you are further along in pregnancy. They have less room to move.
    Anonymous

• wow anon we are supposed to support each other here. laughing about a c-section is very rude. i wonder if you've even done much research on the topic. this is an evidence-based site for all sorts of medical stuff, including birth-related stuff.

http://www.cochrane.org/reviews/en/ab000451.html

Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• oh i do agree with you on the risk of premature rupture of membranes, but not on the rest of what you said. there are risks and benefits. and how do you know there wasn't a medical reason to induce and they tried this first, rather than other forms of induction. you don't know.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• good luck OP and ignore anon. :P sorry i do not know the answer to your question, but maybe you can find something on that link i posted. :) best wishes!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It sounds like basically, your body is really just simply not yet ready. And that is totally fine~ no reason to force things. When the time IS right, you'll labor!

I do agree with anon, though, that one intervention often leads to another and there are only additional risks to pile on.
    Forcing the baby & body when not ready does often lead to failed induction/cesareans.
    If it were really a medical reason then the OP mom would not be on here asking us, she'd be hooked up to Pitocin or other interventions, don't you think?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• wow that one answer was pretty rude thanks! i was in preterm labor at 33 weeks and put on bedrest up until 37 weeks. at 35 weeks the baby was already 6 pounds and with my first son i couldnt pass him at 6 pounds and they almost c sectioned him but vacumed him out at last chance which caused me to tear bad. they were trying to start labor on its own since im scared i wont be able to pass him. i went in at was on the monitor and the baby is doing fine. i see my doctor tuesday and most like will either be induced or sch a c section
    C.Lewis

Answer by C.Lewis at 1:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• be confident! your body CAN do it. i'm sorry about your experience with your last but anon and doulala are right about interventions making it harder for your body to do its job. good luck!

"I do agree with anon, though, that one intervention often leads to another and there are only additional risks to pile on."

i agree with you doulala, i just can't believe how rude that poster was putting lol in there with the c-section comment. nothing to laugh about imo!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009