Is it wrong to talk to my high school sweetheart.

He just found me on face book. I have to admit that I think about him frequently as we spent 4 years together. We chatted on the phone yesterday laughing about old times. He said he would like to keep in touch. Now I feel really guilty. Thoughts?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 11:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• It's wrong, you already feel guilty b/c deep down you think you shouldn't be doing it. How would your husband react or feel if you told him how you guys found each other on face book and talked and would like to keep in touch??????? Would he want you to? Even though you have history, you aren't together for a reason, you have a family now and I'd move on.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I question the guilt thing. Talking to childhood sweethearts isn't bad on its own but if guilt creeps in then there may be a potential problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Would it be wrong for your husband to talk to his _fill in the blank_ sweet heart?
    Anonymous

• It is only wrong if you are starting to have feelings for him and you are hiding the contact with him from your spouse.
    Anonymous

• are you married?
    Anonymous

• if you are married, i would consider that a form of cheating in my book at least, you had a close relationship with that person and its dangerous and you could develop feelings for him again, i would tell your husband and be open and honest don't hide things from him it will only hurt your relationship, but an email like 1-2 times a yr is fine but not talkin all the time ecspecially on the phone
    Anonymous

• Talking to an old flame isn't really a problem IF that's all it is. Would you talk on the phone with him and say all the same stuff if your husband was in the same room? If you would, then you've got nothing to hide and you're not doing anything wrong. If you are doing something you feel the need to hide from your husband, then you're doing something wrong. Years ago, I got in touch with someone from my past and was instant messaging with him while my husband was right there. I didn't have anything to hide and it was no big deal. Actually, it reminded me of why my husband was a much better choice!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Does your husband do it?? if no then you should let it go, this could lead to something bad..but if your hubby would be ok with it and u can be honest with him, then do what you want..my hubby would punch me in the vagina if i did that lol
    Eveshalloween

Answer by Eveshalloween at 12:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yes i think so. there are many levels of infidelity and even though it may seem innocent it really isn't. especially if your telling this guy things you feel you can't talk to your husband about or even letting this guy have any insight into who you are or your life. your married life should be kept within the bounds of your marriage and between you 2.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• theres no reason you cant have a male friend...I still talk with old boy friends from school....as long as you dont have a sexual history and they respect that you are married ....it shouldn't be a problem. I have dear friend who comes into town to see his folks and usually will come by and take me to lunch., last time he took me and my daughter to dinner...perfectly innocent...
    I always tell my hubby when he is in town because we all get along so well and because I have nothing to hide from .....its call platonic friendship.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 2:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009