"When They Come Back"

Anyone else see this performed on Fox and Friends this morning? Awesome song! Made me cry!

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 11:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 11:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• "Thanks but no thanks"
    signed,
    anon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• How sad 11:58 that your blind partisanship keeps you from enjoying a good piece of music about our military.
    Anonymous

• I am active duty army, anon. I just don't like Fox News. I am not full of "blind partisanship". I don't even have cable.
    Anonymous

• The only reason I pointed out that it was on Fox and Friends is because that's where he performed it this morning. I don't know if he's sang on any other shows because this was the first time I heard the song. I'm sorry if that makes you or anybody else miss out on it cause it's an awesome song.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I love that there are people who still have feelings so patriotic and American now days. Gives one hope.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I clicked on the link and watched the video. It wasn't partisan at all, nor was there any trace of Fox, CNN, MSNBC, any of them.

The video / song is about a young 19 yr old man who joins the Marines and goes off to serve and is sent into combat. After a few yrs, he ends up losing his leg. (the chorus talks about "when they come back, they don't come back the same") BUT - it goes on to talk about how one thing he did learn was how to fight, and how he overcomes his loss, and goes on to college (and graduates), and how he refuses to let this destroy him.

I'm making it sound cheezy, and it really isn't - it doesn't bash anyone or do any sort of partisanship in any way :-)

Thank you for sharing the link.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• btw - lol - in case my last post wasn't clear - it's a beautiful song :-)

I didn't see it, because, 1) it's in the middle of the night where we're stationed, and 2) because we're overseas, we don't have cable tv :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Good song. I need to find a song about a lifer trying to get into the civilian world, that's what we'll be facing next year. DH has been deployed 6 or so times since he joined in 1990, 2 times to Iraq, 1 time to Afghanistan, and before 2001, he went to Bosnia a couple times and I think Kosovo. Honestly, he hasn't figured out how to go from military for 20 yrs. to civilian. It scares both of us.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 12:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Petie I hope you're not trying to go to NY. My husband was turned down by everything out there and ended up staying in. They refuse to hire OIF/OEF vets, even the law enforcement agencies. Good luck to ya'll though!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 12:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009