Why are people upset that more troops are getting sent to Afghanistan?

Those people signed up , so why get mad if more troops are getting sent ??? Why sign up if your just going to be a crybaby when they ask for more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I DONT SUPPORT TROOPS AT ALL ! I COULD CARE LESS IF NOT ONE SINGLE ONE COMES HOME ! LEAVE THEM THERE , THATS WHERE THEY WANTED TO BE WHEN THEY SIGNED UP !
    Anonymous

• I don't know. It could be that it's Obama's suggestion or it could be that this has gone on for 8 years with no signs of ending.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Those brave people who signed up deserve a better CiC....not the ineffectual weenie they have now. That alone is a good reason to get mad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

---
    Well they shouldnt cry about it, cry to bush about who started the war. Dont blame obama for it ... they signed up ... i think they need more MANLY men and STRONG females , not these idiots thats so pissed about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I think we need a more MANLY and STRONG president!
    Anonymous

• Or it could be because AlQaeda and Bin Ladin are in Pakistan, not Afghanistan, and all we're doing in Afghanistan right now is fighting the Taliban with not enough manpower and not enough control over the area. We are basically sacrificing good soldiers to be glorified mall cops because there aren't enough (and we won't send enough in large numbers) to fix anything. In other words - they're being treated like cannon fodder.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Besides, show me where it's the people IN UNIFORM who are protesting? The anti-war protesters at G-20 didn't exactly look like military folk to me.
    Anonymous

• I think we need a more MANLY and STRONG president
    --
    Because hes sending the "troops" than SIGNED up for this? hmm ... Dont blame the president , blame these asses who doesnt know what happens when you sign up!
    Anonymous

• I guess the MANLY men and STRONG females have been going back and forth to Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001 and 2003 and maybe they are starting to get sick of with combat fatigue and just need rest. Volunteers or not, the troops are only human.
    Anonymous

• How about you join OP since you are a STRONG female? See how it is to spend a few years away from your kids?
    Anonymous