Why does Mariah Carey always have to do that high pitched screaming thing?

..And why does everyone clap & scream & whistle whenever she does it? Are they trying to drown her out? ..OR WHAT? I was just sitting here putting on my makeup and she came on the Today show ...I had to mute the tv, but my ears are still ringing! Owee! That hurt!!

chocolatluver

Asked by chocolatluver at 12:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i agree with both not many people can hit that note but then again thats really what shes known for. remember when she first came out long and high pitch it worked for her so she kept it up..but i agree though i have had enough of her...
    Anonymous

• Because its the only "talent" she has
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• soul baby its all soul, and i dont think its screaming its one of the highest notes in singing that there is
    kaylexi

Answer by kaylexi at 12:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Her singing ability is rare...she is one of a few people that have...it's called something like a 12 octive range or something close to that. That is why people make a big deal. As for her style of music...that is up to the listener to decide. I am not a huge fan but I looove "Always be my baby"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ok yeah, you're all right, she has amazing talent...I like that "Always be my baby" song too, and "Make it happen"..I didn't mean to bash her, I just don't get the appeal of that high note, it hurts my ears! I guess I'm the only one...lol
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• it's hurts mine too. I can't stand her.
    Anonymous

• laughingThey said that she can break glass with it. You'd think they would not want her singing in downtown NY if that is true. Does a person put that on her resume under skills?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I don't mind her hitting the high notes but what does bug me every time I see her perform on TV is that hand waving thing she does where her hand is all over the place depending on what note she is hitting! She's gon poke herself in the eye one day!!
    Anonymous