Cookbook?

I am in the process of making a family cookbook. Its going well so far. I have over 200 recipes. I am wondering what else to put in it though. Aside from recipes, substitutions, measurement equivelents and things like that. What would you want out of a family cookbook?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 12:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• In our family cookbook some people put in their favorite quotes and a few family memories.
    They added them at the bottom of the page when they had a little extra room. Grandparents tlk about being children and going to an aunts house and always eating her noodles..or games thye used to play.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• also in the back it has addresses and phone numbers.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• family stories and anecdotes - espeically from the 'older' generation about how things were done in the past.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• A family tree would be cool, great stories, oh and family tips or secrets on cooking or cleaning!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Personal stories about the actual recipes and family gatherings. Who made the recipe, for what occasion and who's favorite it was. Any amusing, funny or touching stories about cooking, eating or just family related stories. Special blessings said before the meal. Ask the oldest person in the family what his or her food, cooking, and family memories are. Feature those. Ask the parent of the youngest child what they eat or don't eat or any funny food related story about them and pair each with a recipe. Photos would probably add more cost and more time but collecting family photos is an option. There is a free self publishing site. Can't remember the name. I will look it up when I get home. I will pm it if you want.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009