What do you think?

I am making a family cookbook. My husband and I are both currently out of work, and money is super tight. My original plan was to print out the cookbook and have them made for everyone (I have a huge family). Now I am thinking that I will email them to everyone, but if they want them printed/bound, it will be $X.XX... I haven't figured out the cost yet, but you get the idea. Would it be totally rude to do this? I have spent so much time and effort in making this cookbook... Your opinions would be much appreciated...

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 12:19 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• no, family will understand...let them know in the email that you have found a place to get them printed if they want and list the cost there..if they want it printed they can get it when they want.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 12:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You can maybe even get an order and get a group deal. No one should expect you to foot the bill for the whole huge family. Send a mass email and ask for an RSVP and set up a method for payment. :)
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If it is meant to be a gift for Christmas or something I think I would rather have something already bound. I know you could print the recipes out on plain index cards, and they fit in the picture sleeves of photo albums, just check the size. You can get photo albums at the dollar store, and index cards are very inexpensive. Just make sure you get the right size cards for the sleeve of the albums.

If not meant to be a gift then I think an email is fine and then if they want to have it printed and bound, let them know and have them pay you and reserve a copy!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Are the recipes you have contributed by all family members? Or all they all yours? Just curious bbut I think its a great idea!
    I love the photo album idea by Rebecca! And you can add a personal note to each family on the index card.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Why not make it birthday gifts?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2009