feeling lonley

i spend my days and nites doing nothing i find that i am isolateing and lonley due to the fact i have not many friends whats the best way to just get out there and meet people without feeling or looking stupid?

kiera09

Asked by kiera09 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

• are u a military wife?... well girlfriend u can sit up here and tlk to me ill be ur friend.. :) my husbands army basic is feb 17th i am so excited. but i have a feeling im going to be supper lonely on his first deployment.
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I am sorry that you are feeling sad and lonely. It is hard to go out on your own and join groups. Church is what comes immediately to mind. (or other religious institution) You can slide in for the services and smile as people greet you, and when you feel more comfortable then see what groups there that there are to join or committees that can use help. After that, civic groups such as lions or fire department auxiliaries, or friends of the library. You start out volunteering- people will help you learn what to do for the task, and meanwhile you'll meet people. No feeling stupid, you are there to help. When you help others, you end up helping yourself, too.

Answer by Bmat at 12:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009