I'm at a loss of what I can reasonably do next to keep the weight gain down.

I've cut my portions, stopped using butter, don't eat bread with ever meal, am eating more vegetables than meat and even then the meat is usually chicken. I walk 3-5 blocks every other day and only have a sweet snack on the days I go for walks. I don't drink soda, just juice and water.

I feel so bereft because I know if I stop having my sweet snacks every other day I'll break one day and gorge out on them (been through that already and it made me gain 5lbs in a month), if I cut my portions any more I will be constantly hungry, if I take any longer walks or do them more often I'll be beyond exhausted. I'm already pushing my "unhappy tolerance level" because I've been craving meat, red meat, but have been eating more vegetables and chicken than red meats.

I've been considering just giving up and saying screw it and eating what ever I want, how ever much I want since my OB is never pleased with my weight gain any.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well how much weight have you gained? I gained 38 lbs with my first child. She was a nice normal 7 1/2 lbs. I lost 29 lbs by my 6 week check up. I lost another 5 lbs over the next year. So I gained 4 lbs and one dress size at 21years old. Not bad. So unless you are way ahead of a target of 38 lbs ignore your doctor and get on with your life. Stressing about food is unhealthy. Just eat when hungry. (Some OB's have emotional problems, Sshhh don't tell anybody ;-))
    Anonymous

• Oh and I have lots and lots of enthusiastic sex that always lasts at least an hour, which is also quite a bit of exercise.
    Anonymous

• youd be surprised how much energy you GAIN from exercise.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Cut the juice, its mostly just sugar and calorie. My Doc is of the option there is no difference between juice and soda sugarwise. I found a handful of herbal teas that I like hot and cold and that made a huge difference for me. What has also helped me isnt cutting my portions smaller and smaller, but actually doing the research and finding out what the portion is and what calories it contains. Then I make choices. Celery might not be as tasty as potato chips, but even with dressing, its still a lot better for me by the calorie count. If I have potato chops, and I do, I count them out by the recommended serving. If I eat 6 servings, I acknowledge that and move on. But because I am thinking about it, which is more satisfying, 11 potato chips or an apple? Only if I really want the potato chips will I eat them, and I don't feel guilty when I do.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 12:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• honey i am there with you my dr just told me to start the south beach diet!!! i have not gained any weight what soever but she does not want me to gain any either...we should get together and be buddys since we will both be eating the same things!!!! Oh i start mine on monday and i truely dread it..its so depressing i started this past week and i felt like i was absolutely starving myself..i could eat and an hr later i was starving again..plus if i wait too long to eat i get real nauseated!! Oh i need help to but like i said if you want a buddy to talk to just message me i know i could use some help too
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009