What chili seasonings do you use? 3Alarm or other brands?

Or do you make your own?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• yeah I'm a McCormick fan as well

Answer by admckenzie at 1:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• This is the best stuff ever.. get ir from any walmart

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 12:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Sometimes I do my own, and sometimes I use the Carrol Shelby brand.

• Ive never tried the chili one but McCormak is the best! I loved every seasoning packet of theirs that Ive tried!

Answer by Steph319 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• This is how I make my red chile:

I cook 1 lb. of ground beef with some chopped onion until it's browned. I then drain the fat and add 3 tablespoons of flour and mix it up until the meat is thoroughly coated. Then I add 3 tablespoons of red chile powder and mix it up until thoroughly coated. I put some water into a cup and add that to my mixture until it's at the consistency that we like. I add oregano and garlic salt and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.

This is the chile powder that I like to use.  You can get it in mild, medium or hot.  We buy medium and hot::

Where I live (New Mexico) everyone loves good authentic New Mexican green and red chile.  It's the best in the world!! 

Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Carroll Shelby here! It used to come in a brown bag, now it is in a box. I have also used Mexine chili powder, but it is sometimes harder to find, and more expensive, so I typically use the Carroll Shelby's.

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I use Gephardt's Chili Powder.

Answer by Herbalife at 7:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have used the carrol shelby, but I wind up adding a lot of my own spices so I don't bother.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• hunts tomatoes with chili seasoning added

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2009