Timeouts for a 10 month old?

I do understand that you should tell him no no. BUT I DO NOT see why this "Mom" expects her 10 month old to understand sfter she has told him no 3 times he has to stay in his playpen for not listening.. He has NO clue why this "Mom" is not happy nor does he no why he's being put in "timeout".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well shes a stupid mother and needs to go to parenting classes.... that is the stupidest thing i have heard in my life and believe me i have heard a lot of crap.
    Anonymous

• no he may not yet. but how long is the baby in time out? i sort of use this method. my DS has started hitting, and after i tell him no after a couple times he is removed from the situation. usually i put him down on the floor away from me. that way he doesnt think he'll be getting attn from hitting. i dont expect him to stay there, but he will know that when i say no i mean it.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 1:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I dont see the big issue. Maybe she wants him to understand at a young age that if he misbehaves he will have to sit in time out.
    I think its the same as saying no to a 6 month old [which i do]. Of course she doesnt understand it, but she will eventually.

Again, not sure what you're so upset about.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 3:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• BAMBIF
    What I'm upset about is the fact that he's not doing anything WRONG. He's 10 months old.. He wants to explore. Instaed of punishing him for crawling into the kitchen or the hallway.. or wherever. BUY gates.. CHILDPROOF the house. He is doing what all babies/kids do. He wants to know what everything is.
    Anonymous