shocked!!

I moved to Fla recently to be near my fam. My dad has some emergent finacial and medical issues going on that I am trying to deal with, I am a sinlge mom, and I have not found a job yet. My bank account is in the neg. I ahve to pay the health insurance premium ect... I have been talking to the worlds sweetest man for about a month. He knows that things are bad but doesnt know how bad. Today I got a late b day card from him with a check for $300!! I SO need the $$, but at the same time don't feel like I should accept such a large amount of money. I'm at a toatl loss for words.
What would you do?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• WOW, what a wonderful gift.
    Does the guy seem to be a strings attached kind of person?

If not, maybe use the money for the moment for what you may need, but pay it back once you are working again?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i would keep it. i think he would be affended that you returned it. although at a later date if i ever could i would just repay him then. even if your not seeing him. it may not be anywhere in the future but if you felt that bad about taking it this would make you feel better. also don't feel as if you owe him anything either. it's an offer to help and take it as such. i had a man who boarded my horse and he knew i was a single mom struggling and when my horse died i had to pay to have him hauled off. he gave me the cost for that later. i took and never felt bad. if i were able to give money anyway to someone that was struggling i would do it and have no regrets or expect anything but a thank you. some people can give money and others time.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you don't accept it then you cheat the man out of a blessing. Take the money and tell him thank you then in time, pay it forward to someone else in need.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• not a strings attached kinda guy
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would take the money. Obviously he wanted you to have it, and if he doesn't have strings attached, then don't rob him of his blessing in your life. You never know, sometime down the line, you may be able to help him out, or someone else for that matter. Look at it this way: If you gave someone something, out of the kindness of your heart, would you want them to use it or send it back to you? Just use it, it'll help out :)
    Anonymous

• I agree, not accepting it would be hurtful. I used to be hard for me accept money or gifts. My family finally explained to me that it makes them happy to be able to help me out and that me not accepting was hurtful. When I first met my Husband my car was having problems and he wanted to help me out, but I refused. I had just met him. I didn't know it but I had seriously hurt his feelings. While I saw my side, I failed to see his. Maybe you should do what I failed to do.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would accept it, and then give him a night to remember!
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would tell him thank you for such a wonderful generous gift, and then pay your bills!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• thanx guys :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2009