shocked!!

I moved to Fla recently to be near my fam. My dad has some emergent finacial and medical issues going on that I am trying to deal with, I am a sinlge mom, and I have not found a job yet. My bank account is in the neg. I ahve to pay the health insurance premium ect... I have been talking to the worlds sweetest man for about a month. He knows that things are bad but doesnt know how bad. Today I got a late b day card from him with a check for $300!! I SO need the $$, but at the same time don't feel like I should accept such a large amount of money. I'm at a toatl loss for words.
What would you do?

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 1:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would call him and talk to him about it. Tell him that you received the card and you were very surprised by the money. See if you can get a feel for "why" he sent you the money. If he says "I know things have been tight and I thought that might help" then graciously say thank you and keep it. If he says "I've got a couple of different ways you can thank me for it" rip it up.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Tell him thank you and use the money wisely.
    Anonymous

• take it... he offered.. its fair.
    Anonymous

• He obviously had it to give, i would say if your going to feel obligated to give him more attention or anything because u keep the money, then dont. However, he offered, didnt suggest there were strings attatched and you need it, look at it for the blessing that it is!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009