Would You Work At McDonalds?

Or another similar fast food place? Or have you before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• No and not because I think it is below me but because I worked there before and hated it!! I guess if that was the only job available to me I would have to take it.
    Anonymous

• I tried to, but they all turned me down first because I had no work experience and then later because I had too much work experience. Go figure.~shrug~
    Anonymous

• No one is above any job. My friend with a Master's degree works part time at mcdonalds because she can't find work
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 1:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Nope. I paid my dues working in fast food. I am a SAHM now and work from home. I handle the accounting for three small companies. I bring in 4k a month between the clients and it is all extra money. My husband is a CEO of a company. We have saved for years and could retire today if we wanted. So no I will not be working at McDonalds. Did it when I was 16 and 17 will never go back there again. That work is for kids.

Anonymous

• I work at Taco Bell, now. It's the only fast food place around here that I'll work at, because I know at least 10 people from all the other places (and my husband has worked at a few of them). No, I would NOT work at the McDonald's in our town. I've heard only bad things from employees, and it's nasty. Someone was fired not too long ago for, how to put this delicately.... adding semen and saliva to some of the food. I know it's true because one of my close friends was also fired at that time because she was training for management and "should have prevented it" even though she wasn't officially a manager yet and only found out about what was happening when the guy told her later (before that event, they had been friends).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Would you get free burgers?
    Anonymous

• I would, I have. Put my time in doing that. I'm not a people person as it were, so no more customer service for me - I did CS for years and I'm burned out on it and too old to just put up with the BS - I'd probably make a horrible cashier now.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• nope
    Anonymous

• I worked as a waitress in college. I made $100 in tips one day- I remember thinking it wasn't worth it.

If there's a will not to work fast food, there's a way. At this point I've worked part time from home for 8 yrs and have cumulatively earn over $450,000... with 4 kids right by my side. I now train other Moms to do the same. You always have options- you just have to believe in yourself and never give up.

www.mymomsoffice.com
    familyvalues

Answer by familyvalues at 5:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2009