how often do you clean your microwave?

ive been with my hubby for a 1 1/2 yrs he had a microwave, i've never cleaned it i think it was cleaned ONE time right before i moved in with him, its gross now but i never remember to clean it because i barely use it and its closed LOL its about to go anyways so im just gonna buy a new one

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i always wipe it when something explodes but I always wash it down with a rag that contains bleach, soap and hot water on a weekly basis
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I clean mine weekly.
    Just heat a cup of water to boilng, about 5 minutes. Then let it sit and steam for about 3 minutes. That will loosen all the gunk, so all you have to do is wipe it out. No chemicals required
    say_tay

Answer by say_tay at 1:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• when ever it's dirty
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ugh close to never, ours is really high up and since I'm under five feet tall I can't see the grime and I don't bother t try lol gross i know.
    KayLundy3

Answer by KayLundy3 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• anytime it looks dirty. which might be every 2 days or once a week.
    Anonymous

• At least once a week, or more if something pops or explodes. We just bought a new one. It is crazy hot compared to our old one, so we are still getting used to how fast it works. So we have more messes than usual. If you put a bowl of water with some baking soda in it into the microwave and nuke it til it boils then let it sit about 15 minutes before opening the door, the steam will make everything wipe right off.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I clean my microwave whever there is a spill or when I see splatters. Probably every few weeks. I don't use it very often though. I usually use my oven or broiler when I cook.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Whenever my son or hubbie splatter something in it. I hate to see if messy!!
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Ewww. I clean mine after every use. I could not use a microwave that was dirty and filled with bacteria. Disgusting.
    Anonymous

• I used to clean it whenever it got dirty-- now I try to keep up on it whenever anything gets in there. It's a lot easier than scrubbing for hours.

*I've tried that boiling water thing and I've never been able to get the water to boil. WTH is wrong with my microwave?
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2009