What's with this?

Ok, maybe I am slow to catch on but what's with the "sponsored questions"? It is enough that we get advertisements on every page, now they are going to start junking up the question sections too? When did this start happening? Have you noticed them...like the Wonder Bread asking about how much calcium we get in our diets.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hahaah its all about advertisement that keeps a site like this going. so i guess we need to ignore the bs to be able to go on this site :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I asked a couple months ago when I first noticed this. I was told that those posters paid money to be able to advertise their product. I noticed about the calcium one after I'd already posted.

Answer by Bmat at 1:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It made me feel uncomfortable that I went to all the trouble to give a thorough and good reply to a question that wasn't sincere- it wasn't by a mom who needed to know for health reasons. I felt used.

Answer by Bmat at 1:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Really? All for the almighty $. Thanks Bmat for the update on that situation.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Bmat, I don't blame you. I don't think it is a very honest way to post a question. I know cafemom depends on it advertisers...but just look around on each and every page. There are enough if you ask me. All those things that pop up in your way if you so much as scroll in their direction. I think it's wrong!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2009