Does your baby go cross eyed?

My daughter is a month old and has been going cross eyed. Will she have vision problems?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This happens alot in newborns....it doesn't mean anything at this point. Her eye muscles just need to get stronger. In a few months this should stop happening.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It's common. Don't worry (:
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 1:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• NO she will not have vision problem. It is totally normal that baby go cross eyed in the first month or sow.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If it is still happening after she's about 6 months old....have her checked. But it is very common in infants.

I have one who did it and now wears glasses for strabismus. I have two who didn't do it (go figure)...one has no crossing trouble now (he's 3) and the other had to have surgery on both of his eyes for amblyopia.

Crossing early in infancy doesn't have any bearing later, really. Not in our experience anyway.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yeah is very common in infants both my kids didnt until they were almost 2 mts. your baby is still learning to use the muscles in his eyes
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• thanks for asking this question , i was wondering the same in my 7 week old
    Mrs2009

Answer by Mrs2009 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2009