How old was your baby when you started using regular laundry soap?

Im pregnant right now and I just bought some dreft to start washing all the baby clothes and bedding i have, but when is the baby old enough to use regular laundry soap?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 1:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I washed two or three onsies and an outfit at about three months. I saw no reaction, so I continued washing everything in regular soap.
    MomMomKunkle

Answer by MomMomKunkle at 1:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• never used the stuff.. just turned the washer on an extra rinse cycle and both of my boys had no reaction to gain.
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i never used dreft. I use Tide Free or seventh generation Free. Just dont use a detergent with perfumes or dyes.

redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 1:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• dreft is kind of just trying to trick you. lol. if you are worried about your child being sensitive to laundry soaps, just get the free kinds without dyes and fragrance. that's what we always buy anyway because the dyes and junk irritate my skin too. :) congrats btw
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• 2 years old, but I use dye free detergent this time around (second baby) and I can use this for all our clothes including our infant. "ALL Free Detergent" is the name and it not very expensive.
    Anonymous

• Cheer Free here
    Anonymous

• congratulations! yes dreft is expensive and trying u trick u.http://www.purex.com/img/products/large/liquid_detergent_free-clear-hypo.jpg

hypoallergenic purex is what i would use
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 1:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Hmm I didn't know about the "free" soaps. Thanks I'll start buying that
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I used Tide since day one. She never got a rash or anything. She is 13months now. I also always use fabric softner and still nothing.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• dreft contains BOTH Dye and Perfume. That is the reason i never used it. my sister washed some of DD's clothes for me, when she was an infant- using derft- and she broke out in hives.

we use the "Free & Clear" detergents like ALL, Tide, Purex... they all make one that contains no perfume, or dye. it will always be labeled "Free" or "Free & Clear"

there is absolutely NO reason to buy "baby laundry detergent" it truly is a gimmick- hate to say it. its targeted at newbies, i think most moms try using it. in the beginning. wouldn't waste the money though. personal opinion
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009