Has this ever happened to you????

You plan a birthday party and invite all your child's friends. Then just when you think the party is going to be a flop b/c no one has r.s.v.p.'d, lots of kids start showing up? You know, planning a party and you get no one letting you know if they are coming or not, then kids who didn't even let you know at all show up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• no, Just the opposite for me. I had lots of people say that they will come but then nobody show up!! I quit sending invitations. We just do little family parties at home now.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree with morninbolt. I've given parties and sweated over the numbers so I could have enough supplies, and then people don't come. One time I had the party catered and the charge was per person, so I carefully counted acceptances and added a couple, we had about a third no show- and I had to pay the full price, and had tons of leftovers. - most of which I sent home with the guests who did come.

Answer by Bmat at 2:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• With all the people I deal with, it would be pointless to ask them to RSVP! They say they'll be there and offer to bring sodas or something for the party, then they never show up. Or I hear nothing from them, then on the day of the party, they show up with all 6 of their family members! *sigh* Some people just don't think it a big deal I guess.
    Anonymous

• yes, i was so worried no one was going to show bcuz only like 4ppl RSVP'd and then when it got closer to time on the day of the party everybody showed up. Thankfully i planned the party as if everybody i invited was going to come bcuz if not...i wouldnt of had enough cake. I was scared. But hopefully next year...ppl will be nice and at least let me know so i wont be a nervous wreck..oh by the way it was my dd's first bday and i really didnt know what i was doin..LOL!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My daughter turned 4 in August and I've NEVER gotten an RSVP for any of her parties. She's always had a good turn out though.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 2:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I alway's plan for everybody to show, I would rather have to much then not enough. Extra food and cake isn't a big deal cause it will get ate eventually, extra favors and plates go into a big box and we use those at a later date, whether for the next party or over the summer when I don't feel like doing dishes.

I do agree though that it is annoying.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• That happened to us with my Husband's 30th birthday party. We were sure it was going to be a lame party with a weird mixture of like 5 random people, but then everyone showed up and it was the most fun we'd had in a long time! I guess you just have to go with the flow.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 5:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• no, that hasnt happened to me. youre a mom, you should be prepared for anything. who the hell rsvps to a kids party anyway? haah
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 5:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Jaydin's party is tomorrow and he invited 15 kids and up until I sucked it up and actually called the people last night, only 3 had RSVP'd. It turned out that all 15 kids will be there so its a VERY good thing that I called them or I would have been in for a shock tomorrow
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 5:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'd plan for just who was expected to show. If more showed, tell those parents that you're sorry, but you weren't expecting their child because they never RSVP'd.

I hate it when people don't respond properly to an invitation.
    Anonymous