help with my job please...what do i do? PIOC

i just work at a convenience store right now. i've only been there about 3 months. i requested about a weeks worth of time off. almost a month in advance. my boss didn't say anything to me about it. i wrote on the note that I knew it was a lot of time, but I needed it off. i was out of town. it was at the end of one week and the beginning of another. he didn't schedule me for any more days that week. i just called yesterday and got the run around from my area manager who happened to be there. my boss wouldn't even get on the phone. "he's on his way out"
i called back later and a sales assoc, i actually helped train who started after me answered. he said i wasn't on the schedule and it said to call another store for my schedule. so i did that. they said i am not on the schedule there either. i dont know what is going on! i only called in one day, well in advance, i had a family emergency. cont...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have gone into work on really short notice, like less than 2 hours, on my days off. i have pulled doubles when others were no calls no shows.

one of my problems here is i am not confrontational at all. just getting the nerve to call my boss and ask him why is putting my stomach in knots and making me want to puke. no way can i go down there and ask him in person! this is really upsetting me. it's not like i even really wanted to work there in the first place but i needed something part time.
    now i'm not getting any answers, and i'm afraid to push.

what should i do?
    i feel like if i don't keep trying to find out i will get fired....well they will say i quit because i didn't try harder. but what the heck is going on here?!?! why aren't they calling me. or texting me. that is how we seem to communicate more often than not. when i have texted my boss he didnt answer. when i called the store no one answered.
    Anonymous

• should i just make the jump and file for unemployment!?!?! lol
    for lack of scheduling/hours.
    because i didnt quit. and i havent been fired...that i know of..?
    Anonymous

• umm..sounds like their trying to make you quit by not scheduling you as much...and that is so UNPROFESSIONAL of your boss to IGNORE YOU!!! If you really need the job then I would go and speak with ur UNPROFESSIONAL boss and ask what the deal is. Hope everything gets worked out.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Are you absolutely sure that the boss understood that you were asking a month ahead, not that you wanted the time off starting right then? It sounds to me as if this may be a misunderstanding. Go back, if you want to continue working there, with the attitude, say... bewildered and worried... that you felt there was a misunderstanding and that you wanted the time off a MONTH from now, not now. At worse your boss would say sorry, you're fired. And this wouldn't be worse than you are now. It would lay it all out in the open. Then you'll know if you should put in for unemployment. You probably have to have something saying you are fired, anyway? And you may want to see about asking for a recommendation, unless you think you are fired for some bad reason... although wanting time off doesn't seem a bad reason to me.

Answer by Bmat at 2:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• he puts the schedule up taped to the wall. if you want time off you have to write it on register paper and tape it next to the schedule. the new week starts fridays... and my boss usually doesn't do the schedule until thursday before he leaves about 2 pm. i taped the note with the dates next to the schedule. i am ABSOLUTELY sure that he understood.
    i had asked for days off before and he never said ANYTHING to me about them. and even tho they would be only 2 days he might not schedule me much more for the week.
    which i dont understand because, i am going to have a couple days off in a week anyways, and i have other things going on. so what is the problem with me asking for certain days off in advance instead of waiting till he puts out the schedule the day before and then trying to arrange things outside of work. it seems like some passive stuff. cont...
    Anonymous

• one time this happened i called to see if i worked the next day. he just said 'negative' to me.
    uh???
    he is very unprofessional.
    i know he got my text because he is texting ALLL the time while at work.
    his facebook is not private and he has updated it from his phone while at work!
    i have to drive down the freeway to a town I NEVER go to unless to work just to go there. i have a check there i have to pick up. but i really really dont want to go and have a talk with my boss!
    i need balls and a backbone!
    lol
    i need someone to hold my hand
    i know i feel i really didnt do anything wrong but i feel like he will have all this stuff to say and i wont be able to defend myself. i never know what to say when i am in the situation until later when i leave
    :(
    Anonymous

• since i can't get down there right now, while he is there... i texted him again.
    asking him flat out what is going on, because I don't know.
    if i was fired and why...
    i haven't heard anything yet......
    ugh
    Anonymous