I wanted to know if I could be pregnant,if i had sex ten days before my period

My period is due in ten days.I had unprotected sex ten days before it's due.I want to know could i be pregnant.My last period was sept 1o,now its due oct 9.

mikasexy

Asked by mikasexy at 2:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• In my opinion I feel you can get pregnant anytime before your period.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I seriously doubt it. There's always the possiblity but most women ovulate around day 14 of their cycle and the Luteal Phase needs to be AT LEAST 10 days long, if not closer to 12 days long for your uterus to be a prime place for an embryo to implant. Luteal Phase is the time from when you ovulate to when you have your period. So chances are, you had already ovulated when you had sex 10 days before your period and an egg only survives about 24 hours after it's released.
    Either way, if you don't get your period by the 10th I'd be peeing on a stick every day until you get your period.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 2:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes, you can become pregnant at anytime, buy it is most likey to happen when you are ovulating.
    Anonymous

• Most likely the only time you can get pregnant is with in 24-36hours after the egg has been released for ovulation. If you ovulate late like I do then it is possible. If you don't have your period when it's due then start peeing on sticks until it pops up positive. If your trying then keep trying if it's negative.
    andersonmommy87

Answer by andersonmommy87 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Why waste the money on so many pregnancy tests?? I would just wait for your period to come, if it doesn't come a couple days after you think it should, then get a test. If it's negative then, just wate a couple more days and if you still don't get your period, take another test.
    kimmykim

Answer by kimmykim at 11:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2009