miscarriage??????

what are the symptons? And does all miscarriages have severe bleeding and pain? If u don't have any of those what could it be if u have light bleeding or spotting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my first it was period heavy blood, no pain just the bleeding. with my second no pain, no bleeding nothing, went in for an ultrasound and there was no longer a heartbeat. if you aren't comfortable with something, you should call or go into your doctor's office. for some women light spotting is normal in pregnancy for others its a sign of m/c or tubal pregnancy etc...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have had two, one at 8 weeks one at 10 weeks, and I had no pain either time. I just started spotting and it progressed to heavy bleeding with clots then went back down from there. I know that some women have spotting and have a healthy pregnancy but I would let your doctor know what is going on. They can check your hormone levels and see if you need a progesterone supplement or if your hcg is increasing as it should. Give them a call ASAP.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Spotting can be normal. 1/4 of women have light spotting and are fine. But any bleeding could be a bad sign, as my own miscarriage started out with just a few light spots and then nothing for several days. I had a "missed abortion" as they call it. I was 11 weeks but the baby had only lived until about 8 weeks... but nothing happened for all that time. It took several doctors poking and prodding and doing transvaginal ultrasounds for 7 hours to finally cause my water to actually break and the bleeding and cramping began. I would say to report any spotting to your doctor just so they can outrule the possibility. Just don't freak out, because there is a good chance all is fine. Case in point, I spotted and had a small clot with my daughter, totally panicked, rushed to the ER and her heartbeat was strong as ever and she is now almost two. Good luck!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Also, other symptoms can include: bad lower back pain, cramping, bleeding, and a sudden loss of pregnancy symptoms.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you are experiencing light spotting then call your doctor, you may not be having a miscarriage, but it could be a sign or it could be a symptom of something else. Please call your doctor, if it gets worse or if you have other symptoms associated with a miscarriage call immediately or get an appointment. Good Luck and try not to worry.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2009