What would you do if someone you don't recognize request you as a facebook friend?

This girl requested me as her friend.... Aparently we went to high school together. I seriously haveNO IDEA who she is. I was just going to ignore her but my hubby happend to walk by when i was checking her out and he said oh she requested me too. I was like who is that and he said we went to hs together. Idk what to do. I feel bad that I don't remember her AT ALL. I even logged in as my hubby and looked @ her profile. She is friends with alot of ppl I know from hs. I looked @ all her pics and seriously do not remember her. I don't want to seem rude. I'm sure she isn't dangerous. I just don't know what to do. Should I accept her request?? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't. A lot of people from school try to add me but I know its only to be nosey and to gossip...I only add family, friends and past friends that I will catch up with...not people that happened to be in the same school as me...but as I said my school was horrible for gossip and bitchiness.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have lots of facebook friends I don't know.

I say friend her.. then you can see who she's chatting it up with & maybe it'll jog your memory. You can always take her off your list later if you want.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you have mutual friends and you went to hs together, then what's it going to hurt to add her? I think nothing. Just add her. It makes your friend list higher.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'd just ignore it.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 2:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• It doesnt matter if you ignore it, she may just think you never get online. My dad ignores tons of people on fb.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you don't feel comfortable, just ignore it.
    Anonymous

• I have had a few friend requests on FB like that, where they have several mutual friends, but I don't recognize them. I just don't add them if I don't know them or remember them.
    MomW773

Answer by MomW773 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If it's someone I truly don't know, I block them - I've had to do it before. If I'm not sure, I'll let it float around a few days and see what happens, ask a few RL people if they know who it is.
    Anonymous

• I keep my FB account personal. I only accept friends requests from people I know and who I don't mind reading my wall and seeing pictures of my kids.

If I were you I would just hit "ignore" and get on with my life.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• you can put her under the limited profile option, until you feel more comfortable in letting her seeing your whole account. I have done this with some requests, and I have deleted and blocked others with time.
    r_b

Answer by r_b at 5:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009