im sad!

i want a baby so bad right now but the timing couldnt be worse. my husband is leaving for deployment (4 months) but i find myself wanting a baby now more than ever. what the heck is wrong with me? its not that i want him to miss all the wonders of morning sickness, ultrasounds, the growing life we created, or anything but i really really really want a baby right now. i know that must sound selfish and we are trying to prevent having a baby right now (condoms and birth control) but why is my urge so much stronger now than before? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?!

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 3:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is probably because he is leaving. You know you are going to miss him like crazy, because WHO WOULDN'T!? It may be a phychological thing making you think that having another baby could almost fill that feeling of missing your hubby. A child is of course half their father/ half their mother. It could be a feeling of how the child is like a piece of him. In all honesty i can't be sure, i am no certified phychologist so this is simply the first thing that came to mind for me. And for now just spend as much time with your hubby as you can!! GOOD LUCK <3~Hugs~
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 3:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Honey, I'm so sorry. I think your urge is driven from fear. Fear of losing him and having nothing of him left to hold on to. Fear of being without him without having a part of him there to hold on to. I think it's normal. But he is right - for him to not get to be there to be a part of the whole pregnancy or maybe even the birth and first few months of babies life is so unfair to him. It's hard when you love them that much and you want a child as much as you want them.

DH and I just had this talk at lunch. We found out that our insurance pays for IVF - but he's so scared because of our age and he doesn't want to put me through anything bad - he's so sweet and it's hard knowing that I want a baby, well, I want to give him a baby, and he isn't sure about it. I certainly get what you're going through, but this IS a decision for two. And if one is uncertain it's always better to wait.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i know its a wrong time and its selfish of me trying to put this on him before he leaves (counting down days-8). we already have an almost 3 year old boy (who will turn 3 while daddy is gone), i just want one so bad! ughh! lol. we are definitely going to wait but i had to get this out. thanks so much.

SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2009