What would you do if you found out the love of your life was a convict?

If you met a man that you were absolutely in love with, but you found out he was an ex convict.....what would you say/do? What is an "acceptable" crime that you would be able to over look and still continue a relationship with this person?

WhiteTigerLily

Asked by WhiteTigerLily at 3:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• this is just funny to me... I am a felon.
    I got ito a screaming match with my brother when I was 19, he was 17. Police were called, someone had to be taken in, and he was underage... I was convicted of assult 3 for spitting at him. so, I would say the circumstances would need to be looked at before judging!
    I have dated people with criminal backgrounds, and they were good people. Everyone has a past, good or bad.... look at who they are today, not years ago.
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 7:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• EX convict is the key term there. Many folks make bad decisions usually in their youth. They pay their debt to society and never do it again. This is one reason I tell women to check out men. You can find out their criminal record for free online before you get attached. Now that you are you have to decide if this is a deal breaker.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I just wanted to add that this is a hypothetical question and is NOT about me lol!!
    WhiteTigerLily

Answer by WhiteTigerLily at 3:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• So I guess you didn't go on line and pay to look at his back ground . You would have know this before you fell in love. What I think is a acceptable crime. NONE.

Answer by louise2 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• For get the first part of my other answer then. I would check him out on line before I got to involved

Answer by louise2 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I know lots of people who have a past who are perfectly good people.

We all do stupid stuff when we're young.... some of us just do stupider things & some us just don't get caught ;-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Did he tell you or did you find out on your own? cause Id wonder why he was keeping secrets first off
    Anonymous

• again this is just hypothetical, i forgot ot add that LOL then i couldnt edit it!!! Myhusband has no record just for the record LMAO!!
    WhiteTigerLily

Answer by WhiteTigerLily at 4:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Non-violent crimes.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Acceptable crimes is really up to the individual. Non-violent, no big time drug stuff, maybe just a little weed possession as that's not really a crime, of course any sexual abuse or anything is out of the question, white collar crimes where no one really got hurt. Okay, in all honesty, I am an ex-convict. I never did any time in prison, I got busted over 10 years ago for forgery. I wrote some bad checks because I had just recently been divorced, had 4 small kids to support, and a lousy paying job. I couldn't afford crap back then, couldn't even get by month to month. I took money from my employer, but the guilt was so bad I had to quit the job and that's when they found out. That was 10 years ago and I am such a different person now, I have a great job, do good for myself, my kids are grown, and I have an awesome husband. So "ex-convict" is not necessarily a deal breaker, ya know?
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2009