anyone afflicted with this?

Ok first off alot of people give out misinformation about cold sores and dont understand much about them, ive taken several medical classes so these have been part of my study, as have I done my own research and talked with my doctor, one thing I know is that there is a small percentage of time during the year where the HSV-1 virus (cold sores) is actively contagious even when showing no symptoms..so im afraid to let my children eat after me, use my toothpaste or even kiss them. Im tired of getting cold sores, I get them twice a year, the same time each year both times, but the spot where I get them on my lip is permanently red and very often it will tingle like a cold sore does, so I pretty much assume the virus is ALWAYS active with me, I wondered if anyone else has had this issue? Also I was looking into valtrex and will be talking to my doctor about it but noticed one of the rare symptoms is hepatitis, this really concerns

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

• me, and Im wondering if anyone has been prescribed Valtrex for HSV-1 oral herpes (cold sores) and how did it work for you?? also any of you have concern with this as a side effect?
    Anonymous