Is it too soon to take a pregnancy test?

Ok here is why I ask. I have a 8 1/2 mos old and I have the paraguard ( IUD). Well the past week I have woke up STARVING 2 or 3 times a night. I have felt queazy the past few mornings. I am not due for my period until the 14th. It is driving me insane because this is how it was when I got my pregnant with my first. And if I am the sooner I know the better b/c of my IUD. Any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• id wait time will fly by
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I would wait until you miss a period for the most accurate results. I know its hard, but taking it too early you really cant trust what the test says. Just try to keep yourself busy to pass the time. I wasted so much money taking tests too early and I dont want other people to go through the same thing lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If your period's not due til the 14th, you'd JUST be pregnant - like just a few days, if that - you'd be ovulating right around now, or in the last couple of days - unless you got pregnant a month ago. So, you can either think you're 1 month pregnant and take a test NOW, or think it's due to ovulating and give your body til the 14th, and test if your period doesn't start.
    Anonymous

• probably too early, unless, is it possible that what you think was a period last month was not ?
    Anonymous