please help!!

i had a yard sale last weekend and long story short i made some money and wanted to treat myself to the spa. i hadnt been in a while and i was sooo excited to have my hair done prefesional because i ususlly just do it myself. ok so my hair was a light blonde (comparible to kate hudson) i wanted to go darker so i brought some pics in of drew barrymore with that toffe like hair color like a creamy warm brown is how i described it. i walked out of there and i swear to god my hair is as dark as kloe kardashian. what should i do? i am so dissapointed and i spent the money. my bf says go back and complain but i feel bad and i dont want her to have to put a bunch of bleach in my hair and damage it but i dont think she can do anything else. i look like a gothic freak (nothing against gothic)s but my hell what do ido????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I would call her and tell her you thought it was too dark and you hoped it would tone down with a few washings, that you dont want to be a pain but you really dont like the color can she do anything to make it more the color you guys talked about?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You need to go back and make them fix it. It will be free and there is no need to tip. Just tell them its not what you wanted and theyll schedule u in most likely with the owner GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• and ive learned from experience that if you wanna go darker you gotta start with a few low lites:)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yeah they probably went too dark on you but then again since you wanted a tad darker than you usually wear maybe you'd have to go dark before you can go light no matter the shade so If I were you give a couple of weeks and see what color it becomes who knows you might get just what you wanted. I know a girl who had dark brown hair she wanted reddish/brown so she had to turn it completely blonde then she was able to tone it down as she went. So just wait and see.

Altleast you can try dressing up as "Elvira" for Halloween I am sure dh would love that...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• just tell her its not looking like you anticipated it would. ask if she can take a look at it. explain what you are going for once again. perhaps the dame will fix it. :) dont ever hesitate to do anything! live with no hesitation, no regrets. be out there, voice yourself. who else will?
    GL!:)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You paid for it and you should get what you paid for. I would talk to the owner and tell her how upset you are. I would ask for a different person to do your hair again or to have your money back including tip.
    I went to Ulta one time and got the worst hair color I've ever seen in my life. I said do my hair exactly like it is now just cover up the roots and she had to redo it three times bc it kept coming out orange or canary yellow not blonde then the last time it was yellowish with black streaks. Not what I asked for and I also felt like a freak but was embarrased to complain and paid and tipped. Dumb me! I ended up calling and got a refund which really wasn't enough for me because it damaged my hair for years and I still had to pay to get it redone. Don't put up with bad service!
    Anonymous