My son has a 102 temp and hasn't peed in 16 hours. I'm freaking out

He drank 27 oz of formula since last night and his diapers aren't soaked. Just a little wet. He has had diarrhea all week. He has a cough. He is lethargic. Last night he didn't sleep well at all because his nose was stuffy. I called the pediatritian and she hasn't replied yet. What the heck do I do???!! He has a twin and he is fine, just a small cough. They are 7 months

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to get them to the dr.
    There is something going around it is not the flu but alot of babies are getting very sick , adults too.
    When I took my daughter in for a cough and runny nose there were about 9 other kids that their parents waited to long to get them in and they ALL have bronchitous.
    My daughter is on an antibiotic and decongestant now.
    Dont mess around just take your babies to the dr to be seen.
    Anonymous

• He should not be drinking formula when he has a fever. He needs actual fluids like pedialite and watered down gatorade. Try popsicles too. But it sounds like hes dehydrated so Id have a dr paged for further advice
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• What are the syptoms of baby bronchitis????!!! Anon please respond!! Should I go to the hospital or ped??
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I agree, this is how my DD acted when she was dehydrated! I took her to the ER and they had to give her an IV and everything. I would take him in right now!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• ER NOW!!!!!!
    ClairesMommy209

Answer by ClairesMommy209 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• They said the cough with the fever was the signs .
    Apprently you get chills too sometimes but I sdont know how you ask a baby if they have chills LOL.
    They listen to the lungs and that is how they know.
    If you can get your baby to the regular dr then do that .
    If not just go ahead and go to a quick clinic or childrens ER
    JUst dont panic just go get them checked,.
    We are here in Vegas but I know people in Louisiana mississippi and Florida that all have the same thing and so do their children .
    Drs everywhere are saying something is going around.
    Anonymous

• It could just be an ear infection though so dont go crazy! Just make an appt in the morning and have his dr paged in the mean time
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My son had this for a week. His diarreah was pretty bad....but it lasted 7 days exactly..i kept calling the doc...and they just kept telling me the same old thing. Just make sure the diaper rash doesnt get too bad, keep them hydrated, give them starchy things....DEF, keep trying to get in touch with a ped.
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• take them to the er,couldnt hurt anything,7months is kind of young to be coughing.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You need to get him to the ER now! When a baby is under a year old any temperture that's 101.7F or over they need to get to the ER.
    Mommy.Briana

Answer by Mommy.Briana at 6:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009