christmas baby comp

my 20 month little girl is dissabled but dosnt look it only she cant sit up or hold her head up for long she has a beautiful smile and is so pretty is it wrong to enter her in to a baby compition with other children her own age who dont have any disabilities i can sit her in her car seat and she will be fine and smile beautiful,my 15 yr old son have said no cause if evie dosnt win he said i will really upset me but i told him its not about the winning i just want other people with disabled children to follow suit and hold our heads up and feel proud about our beautiful children am i in the wrong

nicky128

Asked by nicky128 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• not at all, go for it, man! dont ever settle for shit because of what other ppl think. fuck em man! do what your heart tells you, do what makes you happy. dance while getting the groceries-whatever! if it makes you happy -do it! id love to see your dd in a show! :)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 6:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you think she would enjoy it. The fact is our disabled kids are just as beautiful as our typical children. I am the mom of twins who were born prematurly. At 20 months they didn't sit up. They didn't walk till almost 3 and talked very little at 5. They are now 11 and look and act like 6 or 7 year olds. They are just as beautiful as my typically developing 14 year old. I also care for a child who is severly disabled. She is 9 but does not talk or walk. She will probably never be "normal" but she is a beautiful child I say go for it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I say Go for it!! I hope you both have a great time and enjoy doing a pagent!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009