Do you have a morning prayer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I read the psalms now as a prayer sometimes when I don't know what to say,it's soothing and theraputic to me because I'm praising God and giving him thanks even in the midst of my troubles.
    Anonymous

• I do. I take 15 mins every morning to light a candle, pray & Meditate. I thank the God for bringing me the sun and for alowing life to progress this day. I ask that he bring me and mine blessings and help our day to go smoothly. Then finish off with meditation...

And before bed I do something similar before bed. I take 15 mins to light a candle, pray and meditate. I thank the Goddess for the day she has allowed us to have and ask that she keep my family safe through the night. I also ask that she bring us blessings and keep those in mind that need her help. Then I finish off with a second meditation and bed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Yes, it is called fajr by Muslims. However, as soon as I wake up I say Alhamdulilah (Thank God) for a new day. That is my personal prayer (more like praise) before my obligatory prayer.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 6:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009