how long does it take for the a cat to recover from being spayed?

We are on the 9th day, they go back to the vet on Wednesday.

Kattykitten

Asked by Kattykitten at 4:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pets

• The incision should be healed or almost healed by now. It can depend on whether they have been to active or messing with it. It can also depend on what the used to close the incision. Have you been checking it?
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Do you mean healed physically or healed enough to be their old selves again?  My cat was running around and playing and back to her old loving self in about week.  There was a problem with her spaying though and she had to go back 2 weeks after being spayed to get her stitches out.  There weren't any other problems though and when we went back she was completely healed and doing good!  ;)

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I had 2 females Spayed & 1 Male fixed. All on the Same Day! I have many cats. But this Vet must have worked miracles! They were so Well the next day! The females had tiny incision sites. They didn't need their stitches out! This was in June.They even came home with meds. too! Though they didn't seem to need them! I only gave each cat one dose.. It made all 3 throw up! But within a couple days. They were so Well! I was amazed!! But if you have doubts call them & tell them your concerns! Just in case its something!! One can't be too careful! Best of Luck! Hope she's better soon!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009