How long after having a miscarriage to you get pregnant again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Immediately after as if you had a child. its the same thing. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• You could get pregnant right away, but you should really talk to your doctor and find out what is recommened in your situation. My doctor told me to wait one cycle, before trying again; I did wait one cycle and actually got pregnant the next cycle. Depending on how far along you were when you miscarried and if you had any complications your doctor may tell you to wait longer.
    Anonymous

• You should have one regular cycle first is what I was told by my OB.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you are feeling fine physically. I had my miscarriage on November 15th and got pregnant the following February. Some people get pregnant right away, but others take some time. You have to wait the appropriate amount of time for YOU. My doctor told me to wait at least 2 cycles for dating purposes, but that's not really necessary. Good luck! You can PM me if you need to talk to someone about your loss.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 5:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was told wait a couple months, but that was mostly because I had a DnC. After the results of the came back the doctor told me it had been a molar pregnancy and that I might want to look up what it was. Most of the online sources said wait 3-6 months before trying again because of chemical imbalances. After 3 months of being careful, we stopped worrying about it, but were not really trying either, it took us 6 months from the dnc to get pregnant again, but we were not trying or anything.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was told to wait one cycle. They tell you that so they can have acurate dates for the new pregnancy.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 5:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• 5 months
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 6:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2009