why do we hate illegal immigration, but corporate welfare is OK?

Ppl get so pissed about illegal immigrants, yet corporate welfare, Exorbinant CEO pay, and illegal occupations are OK? Where is the outrage for the real crooks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid...corporate welfare is more than just bailout money. Its also huge grants companies get from federal, state, and local government. Its loans that they never pay back. Where I live it went to a foreign company who the local and state government bent over backwards to improve infrastructure for them and then they pulled out yanking over 5000 jobs from just my area and over 10000 nationwide.

Anyways to answer your question OP its because nobody wants to point a finger where it really needs to be pointing at ourselves and the businesses we work for in this country.
    lori232

Answer by lori232 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• who the hell said its ok?? not me i hate them both
    Anonymous

• I am not for illegal immigrants or corporate bailouts.

You can't compare an illegal immigrant, a CRIMINAL and an exective with a legally binding cotract though even if the company got a bailout. It is pretty creepy that the government has set a precedent of taking over companies, and dictating pay and employees.

Successful companies have a right to pay their emplyees whatever they wish. An illegal immigrant will always be a criminal.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I like companies to be a bit environmentally responsible.

Dumping crap in our water supply gets on my nerves.

There are many irresponsible companies out there, and I don't like it when they get away with it.

I know what lori232 is saying, and what she is describing stinks!

The government really should stop taxing people AND companies so much.
    The IRS should be dissolved, except for some itsy bitsy office in Washington D.C. to make sure we have roads, schools, etc., just the necessities.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2009