Throbbing arm pain?

Hey ladies. Okay so last night my 8 year old was watching TV and all of a sudden started screaming in pain. She said her upper arm hurt and was "bumping" which I am assuming meant throbbing. It last a couple minutes and then stopped. It happened again today at school she said but not as bad. Any ideas of what it could be? She had a flu shot yesterday but it was in the other arm. I have no idea. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I would take her to the dr. If it was painful, it isn't normal. Sounds like maybe something with a blood vessel...
    kassie726

Answer by kassie726 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My guess is growing pains. They can be quite painful. They usually occur in the legs, but sometimes in the arms as well. Google it and see what you think.
    kparker75844

Answer by kparker75844 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Sounds like a muscle spasm. Take her to the dr.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Take her to the doctor or ER and make sure she didn't break or bruise anything. She could have a small hairline fracture. It could be growing pains to. Ice it and give her Advil for pain and swelling.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009