how the heck do i get over me and my boyfriend splitting up?

Asked by kandi2100 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Time.........ahhh time is evil.

Answer by jenmay44me at 2:10 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Have to agree with jenmay44me it takes time and maybe keep urself occupied and try and think less about him.

Answer by sweetmommy16 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i think one thing you can do is to take really good care of yourself. you don't say who did the breaking up, but it is much easier to be the one who does the leaving, than to be the one who is left. chances are, the relationship wasn't perfect, and even if you thought so, if the other person was not satisfied for whatever reason, i think you're better off without him. i know its hard to feel that way now, but the other people ahead of me are right - time WILL make it better eventually. in the meantime, do really nice things for yourself. eat what you feel like eating, wallow and cry if it helps. rent sad movies and let yourself grieve. take long bubble baths, get your nails done. do stuff for YOU and things that YOU enjoy. you WILL find someone who appreciates you. in the end, its HIS loss.

Answer by anniekelleher at 8:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It just takes time, hun, and every day it will get better for you. Right now all you can really do is focus on taking care of yourself and your little girl....try to be as strong as you can for you and her. Down the road, you'll meet a really nice guy who will be there for you no matter what, appreciate you for who you are.

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I have to agree with everyone else time is the #1 thing, but also surround yourself with good supporting friends and family. That always helps....

Answer by mommysrock334 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• thanks to u all well yes he did break up with me for the second time i guess its harder now cuz he did do it before and this time i really thought he changed but i was wrong and im still unclear to exatly why

Answer by kandi2100 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I know how you feel....I broke up with my 3 month old's father 2 weeks ago because he was choosing other things instead of his family and not treating me well, I tried everything I could for a year and he just wasn't it's hard....I am still hurting over it and like the other girls said it just takes time....I have my family and friends supporting me and helping me get through each day and I know somewhere out there there's the guy for me....and I'm just taking it one day at a time and getting through everything. Just being strong for my kids and making them my first priority. There really is no easy way to move on and I have cried myself to sleep many nights, but I know in my heart that him and I just weren't meant to be and I am learning to accept that. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2008