Daycare or not..Please help by giving me your honest opinion!

I have a two year old son and a one month old girl. My son isn't jealous of his sister, infact he loves to hold her, kiss her, and he is very protective over her. Lately he has been acting up and throwing these fits where he will get in my face and start screaming at me. We really don't have kids around that is his age so he is mostly playing by himself. I don't know if he is just getting bored or what.I have been considering putting him in a day care, but I am not sure if it is the right thing to do! I don't want him to think I am pushing him away! So I am asking for your honest opinion on what you think is right! Everytime I think about it I end up changing my mind about it! Please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you thought about play dates? I wouldn't put him in day care if you stay home.. it is a waste of money and quality time you could be spending with him...

Anonymous

• Maybe you can start by putting him in daycare for only a couple of days. See how that works out first. If he really likes it then maybe you can put in more days. What's the harm in trying it? You can even try it for just one week. If your not happy you can always pull him out. Good luck.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 6:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If he doesn't need to be in daycare, I would not send him. But that is ME.

Check into different organizations and places for play groups.

MOM's club
    Parents as Teachers
    MOP's (if you're religious)
    your local library for reading/craft groups
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I was thinking about putting him in for just a few days for a few hours, just to get him out the house and playing with other kids. As far as play dates, we really don't have kids his age he can play with. We live in a small town, we don't have anything for children to do. We have sports and that is it, but he is definately too young for that!
    Anonymous

• I'd suggest something special, just for him.

a dance class, a swimming class, a karate class, an art class, whatever.

he's old enough to learn to "X" a calender every morning to cross off days to the next class and look forward to it.

daycare has pros and cons. with a newborn, though, he'll be bringing home extra colds and maybe even Xmas swine flu
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• We did swimming lessons and he loved it! I was thinking about karate but I think he is a little too young for that right now. I think they start taking them at 5 years old. That is another reason I have been holding back on day care!
    Anonymous

• try church,library,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't do a daycare. I would look into trying to find a mom's group through a local church or online. I had to find a place for us to hang out at well. I have a 15 mo old. Maybe try doing some one on one stuff with him. Maybe he isn't getting enough special time with mommy and daddy. Make sure that lil sis is asleep or being taken care of so you can devote all your attention to him. I wish you luck but don't advise daycare. You will all be sick w/in a week if you do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I will look see what they have around here, but I haven't heard of anything for children that young! Again, I live in a very small town, with nothing to do around here. If we want to do something, we have to drive an hour away! He had did this before I had my second child and he stopped, but he just started again, so I am not sure what is going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Oct. 3, 2009