Any suggestions on what to do to help my 2 year old daughter go pee in the toilet, Not on my floor, she know when she goes, because she tells me aftrwards, ive done the reawdrd system, worked for a couple days. I need suggestions please.

she know when she goes, because she tells me aftrwards, ive done the reawdrd system, worked for a couple days. I need suggestions please

emlove240

Asked by emlove240 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how far into "two" is she? like just turned 2.... almost 3?
    to me it sounds like since she KNOWS.... the muscles just aren't ready yet perhaps? it takes time to train them to get tight and hold urine long enough to get to bathroom, pull pants down and climb up
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Sounds wierd for the girls but it worked for mine. Put a bowl of fruit loops on the back of the toilet and when you try to get her to go let her throw in a few and tell her to try to pee on them. Make a game out of it.
    pages6

Answer by pages6 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i tried putting the cereal in the toilet for my son too but that didn't work bc he just wanted to flush the toilet. i just started taking him to the toilet every hour (cuz if i didn't take him, he'd pee his pants) and after a few days today he told me he had to go poo poo on the toilet! it was a miracle! he doesn't tell me if he has to go pee though.. but he does give me that "innocent" look and then i know he's gotta go!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2009