Does anyone elses baby grunts???

My 7 week old daughter grunts in her sleep this is the only time she does it,
could this be gas?
she looks so uncomfortable then she starts to strech and then starts to cry.

Mrs2009

Asked by Mrs2009 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh ya..i wondered about this for like three months. I thought my son was half animal. i never heard these sounds come from a baby until I had one. His crib is in my room so it was hard to sleep, he did it for periods of time that seemed like the entire night. Then eventually it just stopped. I still dont knwo for sure what it was, my son would do it as he curled up his legs into a ball. i dont think it was gas though he wasnt that gassy. just newborns need time to get all those odd little things outa there system like the flailing arms n not being able to sleep flat on their back comfortably. i thoght it would never go away but it did. theres always something to worry about isnt there?
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• my son does it when he is awake....he usually has to poop
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yes my baby grunts and makes all kinds of noises in his sleep...he has since birth..it's pretty normal...if it is gas try having her sleep elevated...that's what i did with my LO and now he never wakes up crying
    Anonymous

• she could ave a sensitive stomach. Does she do this after she has a bottle?
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2009