Why isn't my 8mos old daughter not eating solids?

I buy her gerber level 1, 2, and 3....and she doesn't want anything to do with it. Everyday, same routine, dinner time I try to feed her solids but she either gags or throws it back up. it's starting to worry me. I bought earth's best organic level 2 and she's taking it better, but she still has her days where she doesnt want anything to do with it. what am i doing wrong and how can i get her to eat or digest something other than formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed my lil girl and she didn't get solids until 11 months. (shrugs)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Give her real food.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like she's just not ready yet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My kids did not really eat baby food until they were 9 months or older. They both breastfed. Also they ate very little of the baby food and went much more for pasta or veggies that I steamed til they were so soft they almost fell apart. They like feeding themselves better. I am still amazed by my friends kids that easily eat a jar or two of food at a sitting. Even when my guys did eat jar food it took several sittings to eat a whole jar. I'm sorry I am not much help. I guess I am just saying your LO is not the only one that does not like to eat baby food.
    Anonymous

• my son was the same way give her what you are eating cut it up small enough for her to gum(chew) and see how she takes it...best of luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• She doesn't really need solids, but if you want her to have solids, offer them more. Once a day really isn't enough.
    Anonymous

• Offer something besides the jarred stuff. Try a mashed banana or some potato. She probably just doesn't care for the jars.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:40 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• don't worry about it, some kids aren't interested in solids until 12 mos. good luck. i agree with PPs that you might want to try making food. it's really easy and cheaper and healthier. just puree something like pears, or green beans after steaming them a bit. and of course banana is super easy, just smash it up. but don't sweat it. she's still young enough that breastmilk/formula should be her major source of nutrition
    Anonymous

• At 8 months, she can be having table food, very soft and mashed (think potatoes, avocados, peas, steamed carrots, etc) which she might like better than the jarred stuff. Give her what you're eating.

Answer by missanc at 11:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009