Just curious to know, for all the working moms who have kids attending school full time, Who watches them when they are off in the summer and all the other vacations they get during the school year

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, I am a SAHM and I can tell you all of my friends and family members who are working moms call me on every damn school day off, and a lot of the summer.
    It gets kinda frustrating just because I have a lot of my own kids (5) so when you add more it just is really hectic. Then I end up feeling like I might as well work because A.) I would make money, and B.) I don't get to spend that time with my own kids anyway. Just something for you working moms to think about. Don't take advantage of your SAH friends! lol
    ps- please do not take this offensively I'm simply being honest. But if you do have something rude to say I dare you to not do it anonymously! haha!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• camp
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I understand where you are coming from JackieGirl, I am in the same situation. My friends will ask me if their kids can come over after school, or on days off sometimes, not even because they work but some of them because they schedule their days so chaotically that they just can't do it all and still take care of their kids. Don't get me wrong, I want my friends to be able to ask for help when they really need it, but they really should find a back-up sitter, someone who gets paid to do the job. I actually did start charging if it was going to be more than like 30 minutes or so. I charge $2.50 an hour per kid now. So I do make money. Maybe something you should think about doing?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Me, mostly. Day camp, sometimes. I am a former teacher who is still with the public school system. My kids and I share EVERY vacation!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 8:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• This year, dad because he was out of work. Normally, the Boys and Girls Club camp. I don't know any SAHMs well enough to make that kind of request.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Me. I'm a teacher. We have the same calendar. It has always been one of those great things. I'm down to one in school now. He is a freshman in high school. When he was in pre-school, he went to school where he brothers in upper grades went and I worked (private school). I took my kids to school, I stayed there all day, and I took my kids home. We were with each other 24/7, well, figuratively speaking.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• daddy does it!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 9:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2009