When should I wash his clothes?

Im 28 weeks pregnant, and I am not sure when I should start washing my sons clothes? I know this is a random/stupid question (sorry) but I am really confused about this...
Thanks ladies!!

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 7:24 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What are you confused about? It is baby clothes, you can wash them when ever you want. The closer to your due date the better, they will be fresher LOL. Dont use heavy scented washing powders etc. it might cause a rash on his skin.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Just whenever you get a chance before the baby is born, I suggest using a detergent ment for baby clothes.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I know its dumb lol,
    But I didnt want to wait and have him come early or wash them too soon and have him come late lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Well then how about washing them at 35 weeks, it is kinda in the middle. If you get info from your Doc that labor may come earlier was them alittle early.... But no its not dumb, just strange LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• wash them when you have enought to make a load, in dreft, and put them away in his room
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I washed all clothes right after my baby shower (I was about 8 months along) and immediately folded them and stashed them in a dresser. You could also bag them up before packing them in drawers if you want to be sure no dust gets on them.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 7:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• you don't have to use soap made for baby clothes, but you probably should use soap without dyes and perfume. usually they say "free" or "clear". dreft is over priced and has dyes and perfumes, i think
    Anonymous

• I'm 34 weeks and just started today washing all my LO clothes. I was only able to do 2 loads but lol it's a start! I would say start whenever you are comfortable and have enough for a few loads.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 3, 2009