So, my kids had the swine flu...

What about yours?

evilive

Asked by evilive at 7:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• no, but I was wondering how that went. How sick did they get? did they need to be hospitalized?
    Anonymous

• no but a guy in our community just died of it
    Anonymous

• nah, he didnt get hospitalized. hes 5. when we first noticed he was getting sick, we figured, hes an only child entering school for he first time so it must be all the germs from school. yet when he was sick for more than a week, i got suspicious. he had the chills. he was not at all active-which he normally is, he had a fever-very high!!! 105., no appetite, fatigued-slept all the time. he look ill.
    so after a week, we didnt send him to school, took him to the doctor and sure enough we were told that hes got the flu-swne flu. i was fucking myself then and there, man. like, wtf!
    it wasnt as bad as i thought the swine flu was going to be. his doctor prescribed feverpain reducer, antibiotics, and medicine for his cough and sore throat. for about ten s=day we were to administer these meds. and within a few days he was getting better. back to the active 5 year old my husband and i know and love.
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• where do you live?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• in mars. wanna visit? haha. im in texas
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 7:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• if theres no swine flu on mars i will go. lol. swine flu is freaking me out because im in college & my son is only 4 months old. i have nightmares about it and everything.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• The media is responsible for making everyone freak out about the swine flu. Yes, people are dying from it. People die from the "regular" flu, too!

OP...I'm glad your son's doing well!
    Anonymous

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• My older 3 had it (ages 8, 9 and 12) and were home in the house with my 10 month old and he didn't get it! I didn't get it either and I'm wondering if he didn't get it due to immunities in my breastmilk? But it wasn't any big deal anyway, just like the regular flu.

Answer by missanc at 11:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• yup, no biggie. just like the regular flu.
    thanks 7:42
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2009