Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 weeks and not sure what to do???

i have not been to the doctor since i was about 20 weeks because i am on my fathers health insurance and cant afford it they will not give me medical asst. because i am on my fathers insurance i have bill after bill after bill that i cant pay for and have no idea what i am gunna do or can do am i just sop. to not go or are there any other options i have i know i need to be going to the doctor but really cant...anything you girls know about???

Answer Question

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 7:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 3 (16 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • health department

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • If you can take those bills to DSS they will usually grant you assistance based on the fact your insurance didnt coverthem, you can get like temporary medicaid....Otherwise theres always health dept. dont just not go!!! your in the last stretch....

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • What about going to your state building and gett put on the state insurance they HAVE to give it to you your preggo. Your child needs to be checked out. This is not healthy and you have put this off WAY to long. Smarten up little girl your child could be in danger.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • Why won't your father's insurance pay your medical bills? Routine visits should be free, $20 tops. If it is that worthless and is keeping you from getting medical assistance, drop it.

    Answer by asiamommi at 8:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • to the stupid ass answer saying i have put this off to long i have been trying since the last time i went to the doctor so dont asume shit...they will not give me insurance at D.E.S beacuse i am on my dads insurance i brought the bills everything to them...whats the health department??? im just so lost that u cnt get help when u really need it but all these other people that do drugs and dont work get all these benifits from the fuckin state and they are not even trying

    Answer by excitedmomma2be at 8:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • Have your father drop you off he's insurance and then go to the state building and get the state insurance, once you are approved then you bring in the past due bills that you need paid and they will cover them also. Look in your local phone book and you will fine the # for the health department..

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • just set up payment plans with your doctor's office and the hospital. that is what we did and they were very accomadating. As long as they see you trying to pay your bills, most doctors are wiling to work with you. also you can try a walk in clinic just to have your routine visits. try the local health dept. it will be listed in the phone book.

    Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:23 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

  • Call the Department of Health in your local area and sign up for medicaid. You will be covered if you qualify and your past health bills up to three months prior to getting covered may also be taken care of. Call your local department of health and see if you qualify. You can also go to free health clinics to get prenatal checkups as well. You need to go to the doctor, and there are options for you if you aren't able to go to your regular OB.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.