Does anyone take Ambein?

My son who is 20 has been suffering from insomnia for months and finally saw a doctor. He prescribed 10 Ambein. Have you had any bad side effects? Did it work for you. Any thoughts please share.

momofne

Asked by momofne at 8:34 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Works great but make sure he goes to bed and has the 8 hours to sleep before he has to get up. Don't drink or take anything else until he knows how he is on these meds.
    Anonymous

• I use to take it and never had any side effects.
    Anonymous

• I take it and have no side effects. It has definantly helped me sleep better.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I heard it's very addictive. My Sil took it and decided after getting into a fight with her bf that she was capable of swinging from his deck to the one below to sneak away...she fell 4 floors and shattered all the bones in her feet...I'm thinking it impairs judgement!
    Anonymous

• Before trying any drugs, go to your local health food store and ask them to help you find sleep remedies...I take passionflower & valerian.. both very strong...I had been an insomniac for 7 yrs and this cured me...I sleep like a baby now.
    Anonymous

• I was prescribed it and I would sleep eat. Like I would wake up and eat and not even remember it. My parents made fun of it. Other than that it worked okay. I would still have some trouble falling asleep.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• I have taken it before seriously he will need a good 8 hrs of sleep time,it hits hard.A friend had weird side effects she would call people about 45 minutes after taking it and say bizarre statements,would wander outside .I take soma now when I become sleepless.Much better,less confusion wears of quickly.It is what the astronauts use when in the shuttle and space station.Much lighter

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have taken it and it will knock you out fast! lol... Make sure he takes it 8 hours before he needs to wake up. There are no side effects that I have heard of.
    Valerian and melatonin are very effective if taken together and are sold in the vitamin isle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2009

• No, I haven't had any side effects to Ambien and yes it really does work but does not work well if I am really stressed out!!!!
    Good Luck!!!
    cuteandcuddly40

Answer by cuteandcuddly40 at 3:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• I had horrible side effects with ambien, I once woke up in the back of my neighbors truck, I would eat tons of food and not remember it.
    Cashmere_Mafia

Answer by Cashmere_Mafia at 10:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2009