Would you use a regular hair brush for a dog?

When a regular dog brush doesn't do the job, I was wondering what if I was to use an "Ouch" brush they sell them at Walmart and other places I am sure but I have seen them at walmart. I have a golden retriever and her coat is so sheddy and matty I really need to make her coat tangle free but those dog brushes don't work for us :) any other tips you can share...thank you for listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Pets

• Have you tried a Shedding Blade? They remove the undercoat so the dogs fur doesn't get matted but if there is mats already in the dogs fur you may have to get them cut out or have your pet shaved down depending on the severity.
    Anonymous

• No. not really. Go to the pet groomers and see what you can do, . ask them they'll know what to do.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• No, get a Furminator. It is an awesome brush it does a very good job of getting the under coat and lose hairs. It is a little pricey but it pays for itself.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• If you think it would work, I'd try it on her, but I wouldn't use it on somebody else or myself after using it on the dog.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I use regular brushes on my dogs. There isn't much difference unless you get a specialty brush.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i like the brushes that u can get that the brisles go down by pushing or rolling a button...i also use a shedding blade or a metal curry comb on my dog with being part shepard he sheds really bad..u can get a shedding blade or a curry comb at a tack store or a tractor and supply store
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 3:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2009