Have you heard that diet soda are no good for you?

I mean sodas of flavors are no good at all but I recieved a message through my email saying that the ingredient "Aspartame" which is poison being put in the soda to give it that taste can make us sick once it is in our bodies as far as achy joints stomache you name it some people say that once they have given up the diet sodas they feel all those negative symtoms go away. Just thought I'd pass it on so you do the same thanks ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2009 in Health

• Yes, its true, almost all artificial sweeteners are horrible for you. They are man-made chemicals that should not be put into your body. Also, if you are trying to lose weight, don't drink diet sodas because they increase your cravings for sugar. My doctor just told me to not eat any artificial sugars because they are so much worse than having a little bit of real sugar.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:53 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• i drink diet coke all the time and im fine
    Anonymous

• you think you're fine anon ...give it up for a week and see what happens.

My MIL is going for her PhD in psychology and her professor did his own experiment on mental health related to soda (yea. no kidding). First, he scanned his head. Everything looked normal. Then he drank at least 1 diet coke everyday for 2 weeks and scanned his head again and (apparently) you could see a significant difference in his brain JUST from diet coke. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• Diet sodas are worse than the regular ones. Aspertame and sucralose are some of the worst things you can put in your body. Your body reacts to it just like regular sugar, but there's nothing there. And it does increase your sugar cravings.
    Anonymous

• I have been hearing it for years. If you want to get technical your body converts aspartame to formaldehyde. That can't be good for you. If I drink a soda it isn't diet. Sugar isn't good for you either but it is better than aspartame.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:07 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• There are sodas with natural sugars in them - not high fructose corn syrup. When we have a soft drink, that's what we drink.

Answer by missanc at 9:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• ...carbonated sodas also leech calcium and minerals from your bones and they become brittle, weak, and break easliy.
    Anonymous

• We're all gonna die eventually. Might as well enjoy a diet soda along the way. I've been drinking diet soda for years and have no plans stop anytime soon (unless I get pregnant). It's MY body, and it's my choice what I put in it.

And I'd like to add that I started drinking diet soda to help lose weight, and I've lost close to 100 pounds and have kept the weight off since 2005. So there goes the theory about diet soda increasing sugar cravings..............
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:59 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• This would scare the crap out of any sane person with a brain....MS, Lupus and Diet DrinksThose who consume a lot of diet sodas or cook with Nutri-Sweet are the most .... Aspartame Disease is partially the cause to what is behind some of the ...
    www.bibleplus.org/health/ms_lupus.htm -

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2009

• oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh the scary diet soda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
    LOL
    LOL

Get a life.
    Anonymous